How to Get a PAN Card for a Private Limited Company
A Permanent Account Number (PAN) refers to a ten-character alphanumeric identifier. It is issued in the form of a laminated PAN card by the Indian Income Tax Department to any person who applies for it. It is an identification number assigned to all taxpayers in India. It acts as the primary key for storage of information and is shared across the country. This is the reason why two people cannot have the same PAN.
The Government of India has made it compulsory for all income generating entities in the country. Whether it is a company, individual business, Trust or Partnership firms, it is important to hold a PAN Card. The following documents are required when applying for a PAN card for a company –
• For Companies – A Certificate of Registration that is issued by the Registrar of Companies.
• For Partnership Firms – A Partnership Deed
or a Certificate of Registration which is issued by the Registrar of Firms.
• For Limited Liability Partnership Firms – A Certificate of Registration that is issued by the Registrar of LLPs
• For Trusts – A Trust Deed or a Certificate of registration number that is issued by the Charity Commissioner.
• For Association of persons (other than Trusts) or Body of Individuals or Local authority or Artificial Juridical Person – An agreement or certificate of registration number which is issued by the charity commissioner or the registrar of cooperative society; or any other document originating from any Central or State Government Department establishing identity and address of the respective person.
The process of application of a PAN is very easy. The following steps are involved in applying for PAN -
• Open the section of Paperless PAN application on the portal of NSDL.
• From the ‘Application Type’ drop-down menu, select ‘FORM 49A’ and select ‘category’ as ‘Company’ from the next dropdown menu.
• Fill in your company details in the spaces provided. The following information is asked - M/s, details of the company (in the ‘Last Name’), date of incorporation of the company, email address of a company and contact number. After filling all the information, enter the captcha code and click ‘Proceed’. A token number is generated and is sent to the company’s registered email address.
• When one is applying for a company’s PAN application, the e-sign facility and e-KYC facility is not available, so the formalities are to be completed formally.
• On the next page, you need to specify the source of income of your company. Some of the options available are Income from Business / Profession and in case you select business, then also select the type of business. Tick appropriate buttons accordingly. Similarly, fill in your office address.
• In this step, your need to provide your Area Code, Assessing Officer Type, Range Code, and Assessing officer number. You can also go to the ‘AO Code Search for PAN’ page on the NSDL website.
• Now go to the documentation page. This is the documentation stage where you can upload the required documents related to the company.
• After that, the declaration needs to be signed by the applicant stating his/her relationship with the company. The director of the company or an authorized signatory can apply for a PAN card on behalf of the company. Once done with the form completion, submit the form.
• In this step, you need to pay the required application fee of Rs. 110. The payment can be done via Demand Draft, Credit card, Debit Card and Net Banking.
• After this procedure is finished, an acknowledgment receipt with a 15-digit acknowledgment number will be sent to your email id.
• A copy of the duly signed acknowledgment receipt is also sent to the NSDL office on the following address along with a copy of registration certificate and demand draft, if any.
Income Tax PAN Services Unit,
NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited,
5th floor, Mantri Sterling, Plot No. 341,
Survey No. 997/8, Model Colony,
Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune – 411016
If you want to register a Private Limited Company
then get in touch with us today.